Building companies with depth
Solving real problems
Making an impact
Evolving from a recruiting-as-a-service foundation, DeepMatch strives to truly understand the passions, goals, and all criteria important to people in optimizing their moves and career growth as well as the needs, goals, vision, and mission of our client-companies at as deep a level as possible.
We are a true headhunting organization, not relying on advertising to attract active job seekers but instead investing significant time and resources into engaging passive candidates who have a high degree of fit on the typical dimensions then talking with them to assess the other elements of fit before making the introduction.
DeepMatch is founded upon the premise that the better the match from the get-go, the greater the likelihood of a mutually positive outcome for candidate and company.
We believe DeepMatching results in hires with greater passion and higher levels of engagement, which in turn, leads to greater growth.
Our founder/managing director and Principal DeepMatcher, Sean Fitzgerald, began his recruiting career in early 1999 in the midst of the dot-com bubble. He quickly became adept at high-volume recruiting for 100+ client companies that he managed and by 2000 was the top recruiter of over fifty recruiters in the firm.
Sean transitioned to financial services recruiting during the 2008-2013 period placing financial advisors with broker-dealers. But his passion was always with tech. In 2016 Sean returned to technical recruiting and quickly discovered tech recruiting had completely changed.
A life-long learner, Sean embraced the changes and soon was up to speed on how to successfully recruit passive candidates via social networks and experienced great successes. Sean always had entrepreneurial aspirations. In September 2018, with over 13 years recruiting experience, he felt the timing was right to start DeepMatch.
Deepmatching involves matching candidates on a dozen or more dimensions of fit similar to dimensions used in online dating applications. We think about fit in the sense of complementing and creating synergies with existing team members (think Olympic gymnastics team selection), not fit in the sense of minions or carbon-copies. DeepMatching is an evolving process that stems from Sean’s in-depth understanding of the recruiting process and the impact that accurate assessment of initial degree-of-fit has not only on the end-of-funnel outcome but on the successful growth of the hiring company.
DeepMatch specializes in these segments of technology: artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, blockchain, and IoT.
DeepMatch sources candidates and works with candidates and companies through every step of the process. We also provide insight and advice on optimizing and fine-tuning recruiting processes to streamline hiring process and ensure delivery of exceptional candidate experiences.
We look forward to continued success in building startup companies with DeepMatch!
positives and negatives
paying close attention to spoken and unspoken
We encourage you to check out our recommendations to get a feel for candidates’ experiences working with us.
If you are a mid to senior level individual contributor, manager, director, vice president or C-Suite officer in a tech company looking to explore something new, we should talk.
Even if you are not ready to make a move right now, we would love to jump on a call with you to get to know you and understand what your ideal opportunity would look like for when you are ready.
Together we will work to get you on the right team with the right manager in the right organization building the right technology that will re-light the spark of joy in your career again!
If you have a friend or colleague you would like to refer to DeepMatch, we would love to be introduced and offer a generous referral bonus should we place her or him.
• 13+ years of professional recruiting experience
• Matching opportunities on more dimensions leading to greater alignment with your passion, interests and career goals
• We truly care and listen carefully to understand your career goals, interests, expertise, motivation, search criteria, timeline, deal-breakers, and much more.
• Understanding the specialized approach to working with passive candidates (people who are mostly content in their current positions, but open to considering something really special should it come their way)
• Near real-time response time to questions, phenomenal follow-through and follow-up on interviews, available every stage of the process
• Considerate and creative offer-negotiation assistance
We encourage you to check out our recommendations to get a sense of what it is like working with us.
DeepMatch is not focused on simply filling jobs. We are focused on building companies.
We specialize in software engineering, machine learning/data scientists,and leadership roles (engineering, product management, people & culture, sales, marketing) including VP and C-Suite.
We are extremely selective in companies we work with based on our belief in the vision and business model and passion for what you are doing.
DeepMatch will feel like a part of your team with our high level of dedication and charisma for what you are building.
• Candidates matched on more dimensions of fit and closer aligned to team and org needs
• Best-in-Class follow-through (on call 17 hours day/7 days week)
• RPO or retained search level of service on a contingency model. You pay us nothing until we make a placement with your company
• Passion, energy, and enthusiasm for your mission and vision
• Over 13 years of professional recruiting experience
• Advice on how to optimize your recruiting and interview process for both candidate experience as well as outcome
DeepMatch provides a high-quality/low-quantity boutique service assisting startup companies in building their organizations through key difficult-to -fill hires.
• Intake call with executives or hiring managers scopes deeper that JD’s and confirms alignment on mission and message
• Full Life-Cycle Recruiting: sourcing, submission, candidate intake call/notes, scheduling phone interviews/technical screens/coding sessions/coding tests, follow up on calls/tests, scheduling onsites, follow up on onsites, sharing candidate feedback, discussing comp expectations and offer strategizing, presenting verbal offers (in some cases), offer negotiation, closing, acceptance (logistics, start date), check in (30 days, 60 days, 90 days and beyond)
• Flexibility in terms and to customize terms on a case-by-case basis to make things work for candidate and company as needed to GET IT DONE!
• Tenacious drive to help you achieve your hiring goals.